Fiji Beekeepers Association
The Fiji Beekeepers Association (FBA) is a non-profit organistation established as a national body to represent the Fiji Beekeepers. Our objectives are:
- To improve the beekeeping industry in Fiji and conditions prevailing in the industry.
- To promote the economic and other interests of beekeepers in Fiji.
- To promote the production and marketing of honey and the related by-products of the beekeeping industry.
- To initiate, adopt and pursue policies designed to further in any way the interest and well being of those engaged in the beekeeping industry in Fiji.
- To carry out negotiations with the Government or other authorities on any topic or development likely to affect the interests and welfare of those engaged in the beekeeping industry.
- To do all such other things as may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the foregoing objects or the exercise of any of the foregoing powers.
During the past year, FBA has:
- Fostered communication among beekeepers, honey buyers and equipment sellers to facilitate their businesses.
- Held educational symposia.
- Working with Biosecurity Authority of Fiji to control bee diseases.
- Working with Biosecurity Authority of Fiji and Customs Department to halt the illegal importation of honey.
- Developed and launched a beekeeping mentoring program that pairs experienced beekeepers with less-experienced beekeepers to teach essential skills.
- Developing a training program for beekeepers.
- Working with the Health Department to communicate honey labeling regulations and other health regulations that affect beekeepers.
- Working with Biosecurity Authority of Fiji to allow importation of top-quality bee genetics.
- Working with Health Department to gain an exemption to expiry date labeling for honey.
Membership & Contact
Any individual or company who has a personal or commercial interest in beekeeping may become a non-voting member of the Fiji Beekeepers Association at no cost. To be added to our email list for occasional communications about events or activities affecting beekeepers, contact FBA’s Secretary, John Caldeira, at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know your name, email, phone, and address.
Full Financial Membership: Any person or company with five or more hives whether commercial or not can apply to become a full financial member. Full financial members have all the rights and privileges that the Association has to offer including the right to vote.
To become a Full Financial Member, simply pay the annual subscription fee to an FBA officer at any FBA event.
PRIMARY FBA CONTACTS
Mbl: +679 907 1247
Mbl: +679 924 6314
THE agriculture sector in Fiji is growing and is dynamic, says Fiji Crop and Livestock Council chairperson Simon Cole. He said FCLC was formed through the foresight of Government because it identified the need to commercialise agriculture. “This was again the theme of...
MORE than 50 ginger farmers from Tailevu participated in a workshop earlier this month to discuss the possibilities of accessing green finance from the Asian Development Bank (ADB). Facilitated by the Fiji Crop and Livestock Council (FCLC) and Agriculture Ministry,...