Fiji Cocoa Farmers Association
The Fiji Cocoa Association was formed on the 22nd of January 2016 in order to represent cocoa farmers around Fiji. This makes it an important starting point, as Cocoa Farmers are able to strategically discuss issues, ideas, and concerns up front.
Objective of the Associations are:
- To collect the production of cocoa so that the government and farmers can benefit.
- To secure the complete organization of the Association;
- To promote the interest, protect and maintain just and proper treatment of members in all aspects of the members
- To represent the interest of the members to the Fiji Government;
- To negotiate all matters relating to the promotion and development of the Cocoa Industry to all relevant stakeholders.
- To promote and solve issues at the shortest timeframe.
- To do all such things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.
All Cocoa farmers interested in joining the Association may do so by writing to the President, membership is also free of charge.
So far the Association has 124 registered members, fróm the Central Division are particularly fróm Naitasiri, Tailevu and Rewa, including Vanua Levu, Cakaudrove and Bua.
Cocoa production exists in 3 areas of Fiji, whereas most of the production comes fróm the North followed by the Western and the Central Division.
The government continues to support industry development programmes across the country, these programs aim to assist farmers with the necessary tools, resources, infrastructure and expertise for specific crops.
In the 2016 budget, the Government allocated about $530,000 for the Cocoa Revitalization Program.
Interim Committee Member
Interim General Secretary
Get in touch with the Fiji Cocoa Farmers Association
The FCLC Board of directors met today to discuss ways to revive the Agriculture industry. Special emphasis was placed on farmer awareness and member services.
THE agriculture sector in Fiji is growing and is dynamic, says Fiji Crop and Livestock Council chairperson Simon Cole. He said FCLC was formed through the foresight of Government because it identified the need to commercialise agriculture. “This was again the theme of...